CQU logo CQU homeCQU azCQU enquiries
CQU handbook
[Previous]    [Table of Contents]   [Check Course Availability]

FINC20007  Financial Market Analysis

This course discusses the practice of analysing financial markets within the framework of modern economic and finance theory. Financial institutions and their asset transformation role in financial intermediation, financial instruments and their pricing in primary and secondary markets, stock markets and share price analysis in global markets, foreign exchange quotations and dealings in integrated international markets, and forward and futures markets in financial risk management are studied with worked out examples where necessary. Selected financial market quotations from The Wall Street Journal and other financial press are used, as examples, to explain the interpretation of various financial market information frequently encountered in the real world. Approximately 40% of the course content involves financial calculations, and the rest (60%), analytical discussions.

Central Queensland University Handbook
This handbook was correct as at: 07-May-2002

CQU homeCQU azCQU enquiries